Thursday, May 17, 2018

Sketch fun with Yvette!


Hello My Creative Scrapbook fans!  Yvette here, and today I'm sharing a layout I create using this month's sketch designed by the talented Laura Whitaker. I love to use sketches as a starting point on most of my pages, it gives me the inspiration I need to start my layouts. 

         

Here's a look at the May sketch...




I start by gathering some of my supplies to create my base for my layout.  Next, using a 1 3/4 circle paper punch I created several circles, I then cut out a few thin strips of pattern paper which I use to attach my circles to.       
       

I adhere all of the circles to the thin strips of patterned paper using a staple-as shown below.


Once my background was finish, I started working on adding some layers of patterned paper behind my photo. I also added some foam tape between the layers to create lots of dimension





At this point, I started adding my embellishments using the sketch as my guide.

   
On the right side of the photo I created a cluster of embellishments by layering together some of the chipboard accents from the Spring Market collection, a couple of paper shapes flowers, as well as a few cut file butterflies which was added all along the right side of the photo and also along the top.     


I combined one of the chipboard phrases from the collection, with a cardstock sticker to create my title. I also added a chipboard tag underneath the title and another cut file butterfly. 


Included in this month's main kit was a beautiful strip of burlap, I decided to add it along the bottom of my page, I love the added interest and texture this create on my layout.  

I finished the layout off with a few enamel dots and added some of Maggie Holmes vintage buttons to the top of the paper flowers.

I hope you felt inspired today and if you're not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!!!!

Thanks for stopping by :) xx




  

No comments: